Creative and multitalented Technical Writer with rich experience in software design and testing. Skilled in translating technical materials into user-friendly documentation for a wide range of audiences. Highly collaborative across cross-functional teams coordinating content and product design changes. Excels within deadline-driven environments.
- Spearheaded process to create style guide to ensure consistency in documentation.
- Co-developed single-sourced Adobe FrameMaker templates for release notes, resulting in increased efficiency on deliverables.
- Revamped manuals for both UNIX- and Windows-based software to improve user experience.
- Designed, developed, and implemented original product help for INTERAC accounting and management software.
- Developed and deployed first website for enSynergy, a business software development company.
- Initiated adoption of Intrahealth’s first defect-tracking software, which increased effectiveness of communication between developers and support personnel.
GE Healthcare, Hillsboro, OR
2006 – Present
Senior Technical Writer
Develop user, service, and collateral content using authoring tools. Write and edit release notes, user guides, and online help content for Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software. Collaborate with development scrum teams to identify impact of documentation changes. Review implementation and product documentation to ensure accuracy and readiness. Source images and graphics to increase clarity and accuracy of documentation.
- Led team in strategic planning of objectives; monitored progress toward goals.
- Partner with clinical content team to prepare and implement knowledgebase updates.
- Monitor workflows for progress on user stories and bug fixes to be included in release notes.
2001 – 2006
Authored user manuals and peripheral documentation for INTERAC financial software products. Created training and marketing materials for annual user meeting. Reviewed and edited company website content.
enSynergy, Auckland, New Zealand
2000 – 2001
Technical Writer | Software Quality Analyst
Created and launched company website. Participated in entire software development life cycle (SDLC), including contributing to design of software. Established test plans for all software releases. Wrote user guides; designed and developed document templates.
Intrahealth Systems, Auckland,
1998 – 2000
Software Quality Analyst
Performed testing of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software, including developing test plans, performing testing, and tracking results. Oversaw on-site beta testing and training, acting as liaison between customers and developers. Facilitated training for internal teams.
- Moved from customer support to QA role within 2 years.
- Wrote FAQ articles for internal and external customers.
Bachelor of Science in Communication
Lewis & Clark College, Portland, OR